I’m ≈5 years into my startup journey, and have run into some great content that has helped me along the way. I’ll try to keep this updated with any great new stuff I find, and if you’ve got hot tips, drop me a message.
- All you need to get started modelling a SaaS business from one of the best at it: Christoph Janz of Point 9 – SaaS 2.0
- If you need to know something about SaaS sales or marketing or go to market, there’s a good chance Tomas from Redpoint has written about it on his blog. Look past the semi-clickbait titles – the content is great.
- SaaS sales compensation thinking from Jason Lemkin. It’s a complex topic, lots of people get it wrong, but I think Jason’s advice can be super helpful for companies still figuring this out.
- Eric Seufert is super experienced, and most things he writes over at Mobile Dev Memo are gold (except his predictions about the death of mobile market analytics…). If you’re planning a mobile businesses, his LTV Modelling talk/sheet is great. If you’re newly responsible for mobile UA, read his stuff on Mobile UA 101.
- Great (very long and detailed) guide on how to get a lot of reach through Twitter. This can form the basis of a serious content distribution strategy, and/or can be hacked together with Linkedin automation tools to power up lead gen.
- CB Insights Lazy B2B Marketing – Excellent explainer of email marketing and setup.
- Great post on understanding leads and the models available.